Today’s town of Jordanów (5,200 inhabitants) was established as a royal foundation in 1564 and was an important centre of crafts and trade. The town witnessed fierce fighting in early September 1939 and was conferred with the Order of the Cross of Grunwald for merit in combat with Nazi Germany during the Second World War. Jordanów lies in the valley of the river Skawa, where three mountain ranges of Wyspowy Beskids, Maków Beskids and Żywiec Beskids meet.