The church of the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ in Maków Podhalański owes its present appearance to the reconstruction carried out in the years 1828-1833. The building with a three-nave hall-like construction is maintained in the late classicist style. Only the presbytery framed from the outside with buttresses and the chapel, which are the remains of an earlier temple, erected at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, are Baroque.
This place is especially venerated by both the local population and numerous pilgrims. The main altar contains the 16th century miracle-working image of Our Lady of Maków – Guardian and Queen of Families, crowned on June 10, 1979 by the Holy Father John Paul II during the Holy Mass on the Błonia Park in Cracow.
Inside the church, it is also worth noticing the wooden Baroque crucifix from the 17th century in the side altar of the Brotherhood of the Crown of Thorns, as well as the classicist pulpit.